A few months ago, my son came home from school with his lice. It is so awful!
Since I didn’t have lice-killing shampoo available, I started searching for alternatives online and I found the best one, mixing tea tree oil into shampoo.
This idea convinced me because they are the two things that I have at home.
I have not yet started to solve it when a question arises: how many drops of tea tree oil should you add to your shampoo to kill lice? Is it the same if I add 10 drops and a half bottle of oil?
Well, now I will tell you what I did and later I will tell you the results I got.
What I have done is add 3 drops of tea tree oil for every 30 mL of shampoo. Then I left the mixture on my son’s head for half an hour.
Would you like to know what results we got?
Do you want to know if we can finally get rid of that terrible ice?
Now, I will tell you.
But first, let me tell you the very important details for this tea cure to give you results:
- The exact amount of tea tree oil you should pour into your shampoo
- How long you should leave the mixture on your hair for how long it will take effect
- Which shampoo is best for the best effect?
The horror of all mothers: lice
When Pablito came home from school and kept scratching his head , my mother’s warning rang.
All mothers have to deal with the problem of lice at least once in their lives, but since I have not experienced it, I certainly did not prepare.
When I found a viable solution with tea tree oil, I started fighting off nasty intruders in my son’s hair.
- At the time of preparing the mixture, I wasn’t sure how much oil I would use, so I added 10 drops to my son’s shampoo bottle, which was practically new and I shook it well.
- Since I have read that tea tree oil is quite strong and should not be used alone as well as directly on the scalp, it seems like a sufficient amount.
- With this mixture, I washed my son’s hair as usual, hoping to get rid of those mistakes as soon as possible.
To my surprise, the results were not what I expected.
The history I used was terrible, but that was not the only mistake I made.
My measurements are also bad.
What is the exact amount of tea tree oil that you should use in your shampoo?
That afternoon, I called my mother to tell me what had happened. When you first became a mother, there was no better Google than our mother, am I right?
To my surprise, my mother has used this remedy before. Yes, on my head when I was a kid, so she knows the exact measurement for killing lice.
After explaining to me that 10 drops was not enough for the amount of shampoo I used, she gave me one of the most important information.
Her exact words were, “That’s 3 drops of tea tree oil for every 30mL of shampoo.”
We have now solved our biggest dilemma. We know how much oil to mix and how much shampoos to mix. We will start with goals.
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 30mL shampoo
If you don’t have a weight on hand, don’t worry, 30mL of shampoo more or less than you would normally use to wash your hair completely.
It seems we have everything we need, but one aspect we need to keep in mind so that our infallible remedy still gets rid of us: You can use any type Which shampoo?
What is the best shampoo for the best effect?
Now, there is another little detail that marks the difference if you finally want to get rid of lice. You shouldn’t just use any shampoo for this mixture. That’s what I found out from the recommendation of a mother to a friend of my son.
When we heard that you should mix your shampoo with tea tree oil, we were not careful about which shampoo to use, because we immediately though in the shampoo we normally use. use.
If the shampoo you use has no odor or no artificial colorants, it’s the perfect blend. If not, it’s best to get one.
For our lice remedy, what we were looking for is a substance that we can use to mix tea tree oil so that you don’t apply it directly to the scalp.
It should be a cleansing agent, but that doesn’t detract from the properties of tea tree oil. Shampoos with a strong smell or color will be counterproductive.
When it comes to tea tree oil, it’s important to use good quality. I’ve always had one in my house that is a brand of Art Naturals. I recommend it to you with my eyes.
Very well, now that you know the correct measurements and shampoo to prepare the mixture.
The most important part was left.
Apply the mixture again on my son’s head to see if it works.
How much time should you leave the mixture in your hair for it to work?
I already knew that washing my hair the way I normally wash is not correct, so after preparing the mixture, I started to learn how to properly apply it to repel lice.
- After you apply the shampoo-tea-essential oil mixture, massage your scalp and cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse your hair, brush it with a regular comb and then use a special lice comb two or three times for each section.
Result: Can we get rid of lice?
Now, we will move on to the most important part. Have I got rid of the lice from my son’s hair? Does this remedy work against lice?
- Tea tree oil has a wonderful effect. After applying the mixture properly, I was able to finish off Pablito’s lice problem.
- Then what I did was take them out with the help of a special comb for lice and nits (the infallible metal).
- I repeat this procedure three days in a row on my son’s head to make sure there are no lice or nits left.
- And I keep using this remedy at least once a month to stop them coming back, since tea tree oil not only kills lice but keeps them away.
This alternative method to get rid of lice is a great option, is easy to find and easy to apply, and it uses no pesticides.
Having lice is very annoying, so the faster you get rid of them the better. I hope that my experience has helped resolve some of your doubts.
This is the story of a mother’s fight against lice. If I can do it, you can win too.